More than a third of coral reef fish species are in jeopardy of local extinction from the impacts of climate change on coral reefs, a new scientific study has found. A new predictive method developed by an international team of marine scientists has found that a third of reef fishes studied across the Indian Ocean are potentially vulnerable to increasing stresses on the reefs due to climate change.
- Extinction predictor 'will help protect coral reefs'Tue, 15 Feb 2011, 10:02:30 EST
- Lessons in coral reef survival from deep timeMon, 23 Jan 2012, 13:05:56 EST
- Gear bans 'can help save reefs'Thu, 18 Jun 2009, 9:10:13 EDT
- Tracking fish through a coral reef seascapeTue, 4 Sep 2012, 11:08:41 EDT
- Shipwrecks on coral reefs harbor unwanted speciesTue, 19 Aug 2008, 20:35:40 EDT