Motorcycle helmets reduce spine injuries after collisions; Helmet weight as risk to neck called a 'myth'
Wednesday, February 9, 2011 - 19:30 in Health & Medicine
Motorcycle helmets, long known to dramatically reduce the number of brain injuries and deaths from crashes, appear to also be associated with a lower risk of cervical spine injury, new research suggests.
- Motorcycle helmets reduce spine injuries after collisionsWed, 9 Feb 2011, 12:14:26 EST
- Head injuries increase after motorcycle helmet law repealThu, 12 Jun 2008, 17:42:48 EDT
- Helmets reduce the risk of head injuries among skiers and snowboarders by 35 percentMon, 1 Feb 2010, 12:24:48 EST
- Black motorcyclists -- even in helmets -- more likely to die in crashesThu, 23 Sep 2010, 17:50:43 EDT
- Motorcycle helmets hard on hearingFri, 29 Jul 2011, 23:31:43 EDT