In a new study, in coordination with the publication of the orangutan genome sequence, scientists have presented the surprising finding that although orangutans and humans are more distantly related, some regions of our genomes are more alike than those of our closest living relative, the chimpanzee.
- Genetic archaeology finds parts of our genome more closely related to orangutans than chimpsWed, 26 Jan 2011, 13:43:58 EST
- Scientists determine what makes an orangutan an orangutanThu, 27 Jan 2011, 12:23:31 EST
- Orangutan DNA more diverse than human's, remarkably stable through the agesWed, 26 Jan 2011, 13:44:14 EST
- Humans related to orangutans, not chimps, says new Pitt, Buffalo Museum of Science studyThu, 18 Jun 2009, 0:50:37 EDT
- If you knew Susie -- the sequence of the orangutan genomeWed, 26 Jan 2011, 13:44:03 EST