Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 23:32 in Physics & Chemistry
The secrets behind the mysterious nano-sized electromagnetic "hotspots" that appear on metal surfaces under a light are being revealed with the help of a BEAST. The results hold promise for solar energy and chemical sensing among other technologies.
- Hotspots tamed by BEASTWed, 19 Jan 2011, 13:46:03 EST
- New imaging technique to visualize bio-metals and molecules simultaneouslyFri, 3 May 2013, 0:04:25 EDT
- Microbial world's use of metals mostly unmappedMon, 19 Jul 2010, 14:43:24 EDT
- Hotspots in fountains on the sun's surface help explain coronal heating mysteryThu, 6 Jan 2011, 17:02:20 EST
- Tethered molecules act as light-driven reversible nanoswitchesMon, 23 Jun 2008, 19:22:41 EDT