Friday, January 14, 2011 - 17:31 in Biology & Nature
An 18-year study of Kenya's coral reefs has found that overfished reef systems have more sea urchins -- organisms that in turn eat coral algae that build tropical reef systems.
- Study finds fisheries management makes coral reefs grow fasterFri, 14 Jan 2011, 16:01:55 EST
- Coral reef study traces indirect effects of overfishingMon, 27 Feb 2012, 19:32:30 EST
- The 'slippery slope to slime': Overgrown algae causing coral reef declinesWed, 19 Sep 2012, 15:05:40 EDT
- Honduran earthquake of 2009 destroyed half of coral reefs of Belizean Barrier Reef lagoonMon, 12 Sep 2011, 19:33:48 EDT
- Coralline algae in the Mediterranean lost their tropical element between 5 and 7 million years agoTue, 7 Jul 2009, 10:43:56 EDT