Researchers have found that applying a stem cell-infused patch together with overexpression of a specific cell instruction molecule promoted cell migration to damaged cardiac tissue following heart attack and resulted in improved function in animal models.
- Stem cell patch may result in improved function following heart attackMon, 15 Nov 2010, 17:06:06 EST
- Improving mouse heart function following heart attackMon, 13 Jul 2009, 19:56:39 EDT
- New strategy improves stem cell recruitment, heart function and survival after heart injuryThu, 2 Apr 2009, 12:27:18 EDT
- Can stem cells heal damaged hearts? No easy answers, but some signs of hopeTue, 7 Oct 2008, 19:35:57 EDT
- Engineered stem cells may limit heart attack damage, improve functionTue, 20 Jul 2010, 22:21:41 EDT