Researchers have uncovered a novel feedback mechanism that controls the delicate balance of brain stem cells. Zif, a newly discovered protein, controls whether brain stem cells renew themselves as stem cells or differentiate into a dedicated type of neuron (nerve cell).
- How do neural stem cells decide what to be -- and when?Mon, 15 Nov 2010, 12:35:46 EST
- USC researchers identify key mechanism that regulates the development of stem cells into neuronsMon, 10 Nov 2008, 12:29:38 EST
- Putting microRNAs on the stem cell mapThu, 7 Aug 2008, 12:37:18 EDT
- Insulin-like signal needed to keep stem cells alive in adult brainThu, 25 Mar 2010, 16:54:00 EDT
- Work-life balance: Brain stem cells need their rest, tooThu, 1 Jul 2010, 12:44:18 EDT