When mice are given drinking water laced with a special concoction of amino acids, they live longer than your average mouse, according to a new report. The key ingredients in the supplemental mixture are so-called branched-chain amino acids, which account for 3 of the 20 amino acids (specifically leucine, isoleucine, and valine) that are the building blocks of proteins.
- Amino acid supplement makes mice live longerTue, 5 Oct 2010, 13:32:57 EDT
- Scientists unlock mystery of how the 22nd amino acid is producedWed, 30 Mar 2011, 13:35:49 EDT
- 'Fishy' clue helps establish how proteins evolveTue, 27 Jan 2009, 12:08:34 EST
- Your body recycling itself -- captured on filmMon, 13 Sep 2010, 10:36:44 EDT
- Scripps Research scientists find early evolution maximized the 'spellchecking' of protein sequencesThu, 6 Aug 2009, 14:33:46 EDT