To establish a baseline for measuring and predicting the biological impact of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, an ichthyologist and a biomedical informatics researcher are using supercomputer systems to help map data on the extent of the spill and chemicals and the distribution of various fish species.
- LSU expert teams with Ohio State researcher to track species affected by Gulf oil spillWed, 25 Aug 2010, 11:36:30 EDT
- New method successfully predicted how oil from Deepwater Horizon spill would spreadThu, 2 Sep 2010, 14:25:52 EDT
- Deepwater Horizon spill threatens more species than legally protectedWed, 11 May 2011, 16:51:13 EDT
- LSU researchers find impact of oil spill in marsh fish speciesMon, 26 Sep 2011, 20:35:03 EDT
- Scientists urge new research policies in wake of Gulf disasterThu, 3 Feb 2011, 16:07:42 EST