Researches in Sweden have shown how climate change many million years ago has influenced the geographical range of plants by modeling climate preferences for extinct species. The method can also be used to predict what effects climate change of today and tomorrow will have on future distributions of plants and animals.
- Climate change affects geographical range of plantsMon, 16 Aug 2010, 9:29:33 EDT
- Climate change may create tipping points for populations, not just speciesWed, 20 Oct 2010, 15:33:39 EDT
- Climate change models may underestimate extinctionsWed, 4 Jan 2012, 23:31:45 EST
- Decline in species shows climate change warnings not exaggerated Tue, 12 Jul 2011, 2:34:03 EDT
- Climate change threatens 1 in 5 plant speciesWed, 13 Aug 2008, 10:08:09 EDT