This year’s Perseid meteor shower looks set to be one of the best of recent years, with near perfect viewing conditions for observers in the UK. The peak of the shower will be at around 2300 BST on Thursday 12 August but activity will be strong into the pre-dawn hours of Friday morning. This is just two days after New Moon, meaning that our celestial neighbor will not provide any natural light pollution to spoil the view.
- British showers most wasteful and inconsiderate in Western EuropeMon, 14 Jul 2008, 12:49:41 EDT
- Catching solar particles infiltrating Earth's atmosphereThu, 31 May 2012, 21:21:05 EDT
- Daily bathroom showers may deliver face full of pathogens, says CU-Boulder studyMon, 14 Sep 2009, 15:36:53 EDT
- Western astronomers capture spectacular meteor footage and imagesWed, 7 Oct 2009, 11:46:34 EDT
- Cassini spacecraft observes seasonal rains on TitanThu, 17 Mar 2011, 16:37:11 EDT