Astronomers have found two extrasolar planetary systems with gas giant planets locked in an orbital embrace. In one system -- a planetary pair orbiting the massive, dying star HD 200964, located roughly 223 light-years from Earth -- the intimate dance is closer and tighter than any previously seen.
- Caltech astronomer finds planets in unusually intimate dance around dying starWed, 28 Jul 2010, 13:09:13 EDT
- Planetary family portrait reveals another exoplanetWed, 8 Dec 2010, 14:37:39 EST
- Why some planets orbit the wrong way; extrasolar insights into our solar systemWed, 11 May 2011, 16:51:25 EDT
- Astrophysicists find wide binary stars wreak havoc in planetary systemsSun, 6 Jan 2013, 16:01:48 EST
- Richest planetary system discoveredTue, 24 Aug 2010, 9:08:29 EDT