New research implicates a novel peptide in impaired dentin mineralization in rickets. Rickets, the softening of bones in children, is often caused by vitamin D deficiency due to severe malnutrition. Rickets is one of the most frequent childhood diseases in developing countries and is associated with severe bone deformities, including dental ailments due to impaired dentin mineralization.
- First study to examine vitamin D insufficiency in pediatric patients with low bone densityMon, 2 Jun 2008, 4:07:27 EDT
- New review associates vitamin D with lower rates of tooth decayTue, 27 Nov 2012, 19:33:42 EST
- California scientists discover how vitamins and minerals may prevent age-related diseasesTue, 31 May 2011, 19:38:39 EDT
- New measurement standard for vitamin D may lead to better bone healthWed, 25 Mar 2009, 12:40:54 EDT
- Novel hydrogel systems for dentin regenerationFri, 4 Jul 2008, 16:35:33 EDT