3.6 million-year-old relative of 'Lucy' discovered: Early hominid skeleton confirms human-like walking is ancient
Monday, June 21, 2010 - 15:30 in Paleontology & Archaeology
An international team of scientists discovered and analyzed a 3.6 million-year-old partial skeleton found in Ethiopia. Research indicates that advanced human-like, upright walking occurred much earlier than previously thought.
- Scientists announce discovery of 3.6 million-year-old relative of 'Lucy'Mon, 21 Jun 2010, 15:34:00 EDT
- Ardi displaces Lucy as oldest hominid skeletonThu, 1 Oct 2009, 14:47:27 EDT
- Researchers discover why humans began walking uprightFri, 23 Mar 2012, 22:35:43 EDT
- Discovery of foot fossil confirms 2 human ancestor species co-existed 3.4 million years agoWed, 28 Mar 2012, 15:36:39 EDT
- Oldest hominid skeleton provides new evidence for human evolutionThu, 1 Oct 2009, 12:15:07 EDT