Viruses can hide from the immune system by using small RNAs to silence the expression of cellular genes. Scientists have now identified the human genes targeted by herpes viruses that cause cancer. This represents a significant first step towards the development of new antiviral therapies.
- The silence of the genesThu, 22 Apr 2010, 17:31:25 EDT
- Viruses are sneakier than we thoughtTue, 26 May 2009, 22:30:31 EDT
- Antiviral gene helps suppress jumping of AIDS viruses between host speciesTue, 24 Aug 2010, 17:44:15 EDT
- Making viruses pass for 'safe'Tue, 8 Mar 2011, 14:05:20 EST
- Making viruses pass for 'safe'Tue, 8 Mar 2011, 23:43:36 EST