Scientists have made a major breakthrough in identifying new treatments for a fatal disease which infects tens of thousands of Africans each year. Their findings describe a new approach to tackling the fatal parasitic disease human African trypanosomiasis (HAT), commonly known as sleeping sickness due to disturbance of the sleep cycle caused by parasites infecting the brain.
- Drug breakthrough in fight against neglected diseasesWed, 31 Mar 2010, 13:45:08 EDT
- Fly gut bacteria could control sleeping sicknessTue, 11 May 2010, 3:08:26 EDT
- Wild animals may contribute to the resurgence of African sleeping sicknessThu, 17 Jan 2013, 23:03:18 EST
- New face of sleeping sickness epidemiology highlights need for new toolsTue, 22 Feb 2011, 18:20:58 EST
- Toward a 3-in-1 'dipstick' test for early detection of parasitic diseasesMon, 22 Mar 2010, 6:15:46 EDT