Tuesday, March 2, 2010 - 12:28 in Health & Medicine
A low-carbohydrate diet, a low-fat diet and the Mediterranean diet were equally effective in helping obese people to reverse carotid atherosclerosis after losing moderate amounts of weight and improving their blood pressure, in a new study.
- Weight-loss diets may reverse atherosclerosis in obese, overweight peopleMon, 1 Mar 2010, 19:30:27 EST
- NEJM: Low-fat diets not best for weight loss: New study by Ben-Gurion U. of the NegevWed, 16 Jul 2008, 17:28:26 EDT
- Low-carb, higher-fat diets add no arterial health risks to obese people seeking to lose weightWed, 1 Jun 2011, 9:34:02 EDT
- Low-carb diet effective at lowering blood pressureMon, 25 Jan 2010, 17:44:30 EST
- Heart-healthy, low-cal diets promote weight loss regardless of fat, protein and carb contentWed, 25 Feb 2009, 17:22:15 EST