Losing weight can improve health and reduce disease risk, but many people have difficulty keeping the weight off. Now, researchers have found that exercising during weight regain can maintain improvements in metabolic health and disease risk. In the study, individuals who didn't exercise during weight regain experienced significant deterioration in metabolic health, while those who exercised maintained improvements in almost all areas.
- Exercise counters negative effects of weight regain, researchers findTue, 2 Mar 2010, 13:19:17 EST
- Putting on the pounds after weight loss? Hit the gym to maintain health gainsWed, 22 Sep 2010, 12:08:52 EDT
- Exercise minimizes weight regain by reducing appetite and burning fat first, carbs laterWed, 2 Sep 2009, 7:42:45 EDT
- Battle of the bulge: Low leptin levels undermine successful weight lossFri, 20 Jun 2008, 17:35:44 EDT
- Appetite hormones may predict weight regain after dietingThu, 9 Sep 2010, 7:08:48 EDT