Monday, February 8, 2010 - 20:21 in Mathematics & Economics
Scientists are tapping into the DNA of a wild oat, considered by some to be a noxious weed, to see if it can help combat crown rust, the most damaging fungal disease of oats worldwide.
- ARS scientists turn to a wild oat to combat crown rustThu, 4 Feb 2010, 11:52:53 EST
- New rust resistance genes added to common beansFri, 4 Jun 2010, 10:16:26 EDT
- International scientists warn of growing threat of wheat rust epidemics worldwideWed, 20 Apr 2011, 11:35:13 EDT
- ARS genetic analysis helps spot sugarcane rustsFri, 29 Jan 2010, 10:10:53 EST
- Formidable fungal force counters biofuel plant pathogensTue, 3 May 2011, 15:33:46 EDT