Female athletes experience dramatically higher rates of specific musculoskeletal injuries and medical conditions compared to male athletes. That's because many training programs developed for female athletes are built on research using young adult males and don't take the intrinsic biological differences between the sexes into account.
- Female athletes injured more than male athletesMon, 25 Jan 2010, 13:17:35 EST
- Locker room talk: How male athletes portray female athletic trainersTue, 13 Jul 2010, 13:15:35 EDT
- Researchers recommend preparticipation cardiac screening for college athletesThu, 26 May 2011, 9:33:16 EDT
- Athletes with asthma need more help from their team trainersTue, 28 Apr 2009, 14:44:25 EDT
- New study shows sedentary high school girls are at significant risk for future osteoporosisThu, 29 May 2008, 10:14:51 EDT