A cosmologist has extended the relationship between the x-ray luminosity and the mass of galaxy clusters as measured by gravitational lensing, improving the reliability of mass measurements of much older, more distant, and smaller galactic structures. These refined measurements will benefit both the understanding of dark matter and the nature of dark energy as well.
- Weak lensing gains strengthTue, 19 Jan 2010, 17:50:16 EST
- Cosmic magnifying lenses distort view of distant galaxiesWed, 12 Jan 2011, 13:55:14 EST
- Astronomically large lenses measure the age and size of the universeMon, 1 Mar 2010, 12:10:17 EST
- Astronomers use galactic magnifying lens to probe elusive dark energyThu, 19 Aug 2010, 14:24:01 EDT
- Lenses galore -- Hubble finds large sample of very distant galaxiesThu, 24 Jul 2008, 12:22:07 EDT