Researchers have defined the age, location, size and geochemistry of the volcanoes of Gran Canaria during the Holocene, 11,000 years ago, in order to draw up a map of volcanic hazards for the island. The research shows that the area of greatest volcanic activity is one of the most heavily populated areas in the north east of the island, which has suffered 24 eruptions over the period studied.
- Volcanic hazard map produced for island of Gran CanariaTue, 19 Jan 2010, 12:57:04 EST
- Researchers to study rebirth of an island after volcanic eruptionThu, 6 Aug 2009, 16:26:25 EDT
- No Redoubt: Volcanic eruption forecasting improvedMon, 29 Apr 2013, 17:03:16 EDT
- Off the shelf maps help mitigate volcanic hazardsWed, 21 Jan 2009, 15:15:35 EST
- Volcanic plumbing provides clues on eruptions and earthquakesThu, 12 Apr 2012, 19:33:55 EDT