Golden ratio discovered in quantum world: Hidden symmetry observed for the first time in solid state matter
Thursday, January 7, 2010 - 15:56 in Mathematics & Economics
Researchers have for the first time observed a nanoscale symmetry hidden in solid state matter. They have measured the signatures of a symmetry showing the same attributes as the golden ratio famous from art and architecture.
- Golden ratio discovered in a quantum worldThu, 7 Jan 2010, 14:31:40 EST
- A predilection for certain symmetriesTue, 30 Mar 2010, 10:38:27 EDT
- Strange new twist: Berkeley researchers discover Möbius symmetry in metamaterialsMon, 20 Dec 2010, 15:03:32 EST
- 'Saucy' software update finds symmetries dramatically fasterWed, 11 Jun 2008, 12:14:42 EDT
- Ytterbium's broken symmetryWed, 22 Jul 2009, 12:39:15 EDT