Individuals infected with hepatitis C virus who receive a liver transplant find that their new liver becomes infected with HCV almost immediately. However, researcher in Japan have developed an approach that transiently keeps HCV levels down in most treated HCV-infected patients receiving a new liver.
- Keeping hepatitis C virus at bay after a liver transplantThu, 1 Oct 2009, 22:14:39 EDT
- Fittest hepatitis C viruses infect transplanted liversTue, 17 Aug 2010, 1:35:57 EDT
- First liver transplant patients receive experimental drug to prevent hepatitis C infectionTue, 18 Jan 2011, 12:34:14 EST
- Racial disparity studied in patients undergoing liver transplantation for hepatitis BSat, 29 Aug 2009, 5:01:45 EDT
- Transplanted fatty livers associated with worse prognosis for patients with HCVTue, 13 Jan 2009, 13:36:05 EST