A researcher in the Netherlands has developed computer algorithms to support art historians and other art experts in their visual assessment of paintings. His digital technology is capable of distinguishing a forgery from an authentic Van Gogh based on the painter's characteristic brush work and use of color.
- X-rays show why van Gogh paintings lose their shineMon, 14 Feb 2011, 14:32:50 EST
- 'Hidden' Van Gogh painting revealedWed, 30 Jul 2008, 9:07:49 EDT
- Computers match humans in understanding artWed, 26 Sep 2012, 11:07:48 EDT
- Do computers understand art?Wed, 23 Dec 2009, 10:16:11 EST
- UGA scientists reveal genetic mutation depicted in van Gogh's sunflower paintingsThu, 29 Mar 2012, 23:31:45 EDT