A four-year, multi-institutional effort co-led by three Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory scientists culminated today in publication of a landmark series of papers in the journal Science revealing in unprecedented detail the DNA sequence of maize. Maize, or corn, as it is commonly called by North American consumers, is one of the world's most important plants and the most valuable agricultural crop grown in the United States, representing $47 billion in annual value.
- Reference genome of maize, most important US crop, is published by team co-led by CSHL scientistsThu, 19 Nov 2009, 14:40:41 EST
- The amazing maze of maize evolutionFri, 2 Oct 2009, 15:37:02 EDT
- Ancient Mexican maize varietiesThu, 26 Jun 2008, 2:08:14 EDT
- ISU's Plant Sciences Institute researchers provide understanding to maize genome sequenceThu, 19 Nov 2009, 14:41:12 EST
- Scientists devise efficient way of learning about complex corn traitsThu, 6 Aug 2009, 14:53:19 EDT