Postmortem testing to identify mutations associated with sudden cardiac death is less expensive than comprehensive cardiac tests for surviving relatives. Many insurers cover comprehensive cardiac tests of surviving relatives, but few cover postmortem testing.
- Postmortem genetic tests after sudden death may provide less expensive way to identify riskSun, 15 Nov 2009, 13:31:01 EST
- Johns Hopkins researchers identify new genetic risk factor for sudden cardiac deathTue, 12 Jul 2011, 13:34:29 EDT
- Genetic risk factors identified for sudden cardiac deathMon, 23 Mar 2009, 9:29:48 EDT
- Hopkins scientists ID 10 genes associated with a risk factor for sudden cardiac deathSun, 22 Mar 2009, 14:30:41 EDT
- Forensic scientists use postmortem imaging-guided biopsy to determine natural causes of deathThu, 21 Oct 2010, 12:28:49 EDT