What do you get when you cross a mouse with poor hearing and a mouse with even worse hearing? Ironically, a new strain of mice with "golden ears" -- mice that have outstanding hearing as they age. The new mouse hears much like people with "golden ears" -- people who are able to retain great hearing even as they grow older.
- Squeak, squeak -- can you hear me now?Mon, 9 Nov 2009, 11:15:13 EST
- Now hear this: Mouse study sheds light on hearing loss in older adultsMon, 9 Nov 2009, 15:25:03 EST
- Diminuendo -- New mouse model for understanding cause of progressive hearing lossMon, 27 Apr 2009, 9:50:44 EDT
- New mouse mutant contains clue to progressive hearing lossThu, 30 Oct 2008, 23:50:16 EDT
- Mice shed new light on causes of childhood deafnessMon, 8 Feb 2010, 1:57:33 EST