Large-scale distributions of two important nutrient pools -- dissolved organic nitrogen and dissolved organic phosphorus have been systematically mapped for the first time over the Atlantic Ocean in a new study. The findings have important implications for understanding nitrogen and phosphorus biogeochemical cycles and the biological carbon pump in the Atlantic Ocean.
- Mapping nutrient distributions over the Atlantic OceanTue, 3 Nov 2009, 10:46:30 EST
- Nutrients, viruses and the biological carbon pumpWed, 30 Jun 2010, 11:51:02 EDT
- Mysterious microbe may play important role in ocean ecologyThu, 13 Nov 2008, 14:37:41 EST
- Outflow from world's largest river -- the Amazon -- powers Atlantic Ocean carbon 'sink'Tue, 22 Jul 2008, 10:21:45 EDT
- Mysterious microbe plays important role in ocean ecologyFri, 14 Nov 2008, 11:15:09 EST