The endocannabinoids occurring naturally in the human body are closely related to the active ingredients of the cannabis plant. Cannabis has been used for thousands of years, for example to treat chronic pain. However, the fact that the endocannabinoids produced by the body itself can also be involved in the origin of pain is the astonishing result of new studies.
- The body's own 'cannabis (marijuana)' is good for the skinWed, 2 Jul 2008, 16:28:53 EDT
- Research demonstrates benefits of medical cannabis as a treatment for chronic painMon, 30 Aug 2010, 9:50:34 EDT
- Weeding out marijuana: Researchers close in on engineering recognizable, drug-free Cannabis plantTue, 15 Sep 2009, 10:15:50 EDT
- Smoked cannabis reduces chronic painMon, 30 Aug 2010, 0:50:27 EDT
- Active ingredients in marijuana found to spread and prolong painThu, 13 Aug 2009, 17:43:41 EDT