Scientists have built a device from metamaterials and transformational optics that delivers a complex set of instructions capable of guiding light with unprecedented accuracy. The discovery expands on earlier "cloaking" efforts to guide light around objects or space.
- The guiding of light: A new metamaterial device steers beams along complex pathwaysFri, 31 Jul 2009, 12:59:20 EDT
- New metamaterials that bend light backwards bring invisibility cloaks 1 step closerMon, 11 Aug 2008, 9:35:33 EDT
- Nanocups brim with potentialFri, 13 Mar 2009, 17:07:59 EDT
- Laser-sculpted optical devices for future giant telescopesThu, 5 Feb 2009, 16:29:49 EST
- Discovery at UAB brings us nearer to making the dream of invisibility trueTue, 7 Jul 2009, 9:36:31 EDT