DNA barcoding is advocated as a vast improvement in our ability to monitor and manage the world's biodiversity. An expert on the potato and tomato family examined the utility of DNA barcoding in a complex plant group, Solanum section Petota, using three of the most frequently suggested genome sections. His findings emphasize the importance of using multiple means of identifying species, and he cautions against using barcoding alone as a means of species identification.
- Study finds DNA barcoding requires caution without closer examinationThu, 25 Jun 2009, 11:08:25 EDT
- DNA barcoding of mosquito species deployed in bid to end elephantiasisWed, 29 Apr 2009, 10:38:09 EDT
- University of Toronto helps to 'barcode' the world's plantsTue, 28 Jul 2009, 10:32:05 EDT
- Problems with identifying meat? The answer is to check the barcodeThu, 28 Feb 2013, 22:04:30 EST
- Hidden habits and movements of insect pests revealed by DNA barcodingTue, 9 Mar 2010, 17:56:52 EST