Light touch -- the sense that lets musicians find the right notes on a keyboard, a seamstress revel in the feel of cool silk, the artisan feel a curve in material and the blind read Braille -- truly depends on the activity of Merkel cells usually found in crescent-shaped clusters in the skin.
- Link between light touch and Merkel cells solves 100-year mysteryThu, 18 Jun 2009, 15:31:45 EDT
- New study resolves the mysterious origin of Merkel cellsMon, 28 Sep 2009, 10:50:38 EDT
- News brief: Merkel cell polyomavirus associated with Merkel cell carcinomaWed, 23 Sep 2009, 17:29:40 EDT
- Practice, not loss of sight, improves sense of touch in the blind: studyWed, 11 May 2011, 17:35:07 EDT
- Perceiving touch and your self outside of your bodyTue, 4 Aug 2009, 22:41:35 EDT