Private Medicare Advantage (MA) plans will be paid $11.4 billion more in 2009 than what the same beneficiaries would have cost in the traditional Medicare fee-for-service program, according to a new report. This new analysis estimates that since MA was enacted in 2004, $43 billion in extra payments have been made.
- Extra payments to Medicare Advantage plans to total $11.4 billion in 2009Mon, 4 May 2009, 0:43:17 EDT
- Complex choices in Medicare Advantage program may overwhelm seniors, study findsThu, 18 Aug 2011, 9:34:03 EDT
- 20 percent of hospitalized Medicare patients readmitted to hospital within 30 daysWed, 1 Apr 2009, 17:39:20 EDT
- Medicare cuts increase cancer treatments, study findsThu, 17 Jun 2010, 4:21:38 EDT
- Most coordinated care programs for Medicare beneficiaries do not show benefitWed, 11 Feb 2009, 5:09:59 EST