Global travel and human alterations to the environment, such as rapid urbanization, are helping to fuel some infectious diseases outbreaks, says an expert in the eco-epidemiology of infectious diseases. Deforestation and other human changes to the landscape are other drivers of emerging infectious diseases, according to experts.
- Study finds extensive patient sharing among hospitals; could impact spread of infectious diseasesThu, 19 Mar 2009, 2:43:02 EDT
- OHSU scientists partner with others to form center aimed at combating infectious diseasesWed, 15 Apr 2009, 13:50:17 EDT
- Report focuses on sustainability of infectious disease surveillanceTue, 17 Jul 2012, 17:03:23 EDT
- New iPhone app 'Outbreaks Near Me' locates H1N1 (swine flu), infectious diseasesTue, 1 Sep 2009, 12:15:31 EDT
- Canadian researchers study mass gatherings and risks of infectious disease threatsWed, 24 Feb 2010, 11:14:08 EST