The globalization of health care and the growth of "transplant tourism" (traveling abroad to purchase donor organs and undergo organ transplantation) have outpaced the implementation of internationally accepted ethical standards for procurement of organs for transplantation.
- Majority of doctors skeptical of organ transplantation practices in ChinaWed, 22 Apr 2009, 21:40:32 EDT
- Transplant tourism poses ethical dilemma for US doctorsTue, 26 Jan 2010, 12:50:05 EST
- Organ procurement air transportation displays poor safety recordThu, 18 Nov 2010, 11:02:45 EST
- More organs for transplant when icu docs help take care of brain dead donors, says UPMCThu, 31 Mar 2011, 10:38:17 EDT
- Nation's top hospital organ transplant centers identified by HealthGradesWed, 17 Nov 2010, 5:13:00 EST