Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 19:21 in Biology & Nature
In at least one breed of northern seabird, the size of males' feather crests may be more than simple ornamentation. Crest size may be a physical indicator of a male crested auklet’s quality as a mate.
- Researchers tie crest size to seabirds' suitability as a mateThu, 16 Apr 2009, 18:50:52 EDT
- Erosion of the Yucca Mountain crestTue, 5 May 2009, 9:43:58 EDT
- Mutant gene responsible for pigeons' head crestsThu, 31 Jan 2013, 16:38:21 EST
- Brain structure provides key to unraveling function of bizarre dinosaur crestsThu, 16 Oct 2008, 9:28:54 EDT
- Key to function of dinosaur crests found in brain structureThu, 16 Oct 2008, 10:43:24 EDT