Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 22:21 in Biology & Nature
In a new study, researchers were able to generate functionally mature motor neurons from induced pluripotent stem cells, which are engineered from adult somatic cells and can differentiate into most other cell types.
- Researchers generate functional neurons from somatic cellsTue, 24 Feb 2009, 11:59:34 EST
- Functional motor neuron subtypes generated from embryonic stem cellsThu, 2 Sep 2010, 13:18:09 EDT
- Somatic stem cells obtained from skin cells for first time everThu, 22 Mar 2012, 15:35:56 EDT
- UCLA stem cells scientists make electrically active motor neurons from iPS cellsTue, 24 Feb 2009, 17:51:00 EST
- Stanford scientists turn human skin cells directly into neurons, skipping IPS stageThu, 26 May 2011, 22:44:18 EDT