Diabetic patients are less likely to suffer from acute respiratory failure during severe sepsis. Researchers studied 930 million hospitalizations over a 25-year period to investigate the protective effect, adding to our knowledge of both diabetes and sepsis.
- Surprising interactions of diabetes mellitus and sepsisFri, 13 Feb 2009, 5:31:51 EST
- Surviving sepsis program -- increased compliance gets resultsThu, 3 Sep 2009, 6:29:04 EDT
- Vitamin C: A potential life-saving treatment for sepsisWed, 17 Nov 2010, 18:37:22 EST
- Patients who survive sepsis are more than 3 times as likely to have cognitive problemsTue, 26 Oct 2010, 16:52:47 EDT
- Doctors to treat septic patients with hypothermiaWed, 30 Jun 2010, 18:36:43 EDT