Some of the most breathtaking objects in the cosmos are the jets of matter streaming out of stars, but astrophysicists have long been at a loss to explain how these jets achieve their varied shapes. Now research shows how magnetic forces shape these stellar jets.
- First laboratory experiment to accurately model stellar jets explains mysterious 'knots'Mon, 9 Feb 2009, 15:49:56 EST
- Journey to the limits of spacetimeThu, 21 Feb 2013, 16:34:08 EST
- Magnetic fields created before the first starsWed, 2 Jan 2013, 10:32:28 EST
- Magnetic fields play larger role in star formation than previously thoughtWed, 9 Sep 2009, 13:18:24 EDT
- UNC study: shape, not just size, impacts effectiveness of emerging nanomedicine therapiesMon, 4 Aug 2008, 17:22:24 EDT