The Arctic is undergoing rapid transformation due to climate change, pollution and human activity. ESA's ERS and Envisat satellites have been providing satellite data of the region for the last 17 years. These long term data sets in combination with ESA's future missions will be key in implementing the newly adopted European Commission policy called 'the European Union and the Arctic Region'.
- ESA satellites focusing on the ArcticWed, 3 Dec 2008, 2:52:39 EST
- New Arctic satellite data shows Arctic literally on thin iceMon, 6 Apr 2009, 12:07:44 EDT
- Arctic sea ice thinning at record rateTue, 28 Oct 2008, 13:28:22 EDT
- European satellite confirms UW numbers: Arctic Ocean is on thin iceWed, 13 Feb 2013, 12:05:53 EST
- Arctic sea ice shrinks to new low in satellite eraMon, 27 Aug 2012, 19:36:54 EDT