A system of presumed consent for organ donation -- where people have to opt out of donating their organs when they die -- is the best way to tackle a growing waiting list for transplant, says an expert in organ donation and the illegal trade of body parts.
- 'Opt out' system could solve donor organ shortage, says researcherFri, 31 Oct 2008, 11:50:54 EDT
- Only a policy of presumed consent will improve organ donation rates, say expertsTue, 4 May 2010, 19:33:22 EDT
- Europe needs to tackle legal, ethical and cultural barriers to child organ donationThu, 8 Sep 2011, 11:36:10 EDT
- Hospital dramatically increases transplant donations by integrating bereavement and donor servicesThu, 30 Jul 2009, 10:15:50 EDT
- Changing the way organ donation requests are made could prevent relatives denying consentTue, 21 Apr 2009, 19:43:13 EDT