Four months after a successful hand transplant -- 35 years after amputation in an industrial accident at age 19 -- a 54-year-old man's emerging sense of touch is registered in the former "hand area" of the his brain, says a University of Oregon neuroscientist.
- A new hand -- and signs of sensory recoveryThu, 9 Oct 2008, 12:36:15 EDT
- Seeing with your hands? Hand amputation may result in altered perception around the handsWed, 6 Jan 2010, 14:43:57 EST
- First bilateral hand transplant performed at the Hospital of the University of PennsylvaniaTue, 1 Nov 2011, 23:34:42 EDT
- First for Emory -- Rare hand transplant surgery successfully performed at Emory University Hospital Mon, 28 Mar 2011, 17:02:51 EDT
- Amputees can experience prosthetic hand as their ownThu, 11 Dec 2008, 11:58:52 EST