A report scheduled to be published this week in the early edition of the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences suggests that maintaining the proper balance of herbivorous fishes may be critical to restoring coral reefs, which are declining dramatically worldwide.
- Diversity of plant-eating fishes may be key to recovery of coral reefsWed, 8 Oct 2008, 10:17:24 EDT
- Tracking fish through a coral reef seascapeTue, 4 Sep 2012, 11:08:41 EDT
- Weed-eating fish 'help protect jobs, livelihoods'Tue, 8 May 2012, 11:34:51 EDT
- Gear bans 'can help save reefs'Thu, 18 Jun 2009, 9:10:13 EDT
- Video study shows which fish clean up coral reefs, showing importance of biodiversityWed, 13 Feb 2013, 10:35:40 EST