An overload of calories throws critical portions of the brain out of whack, reveals a new study. That response in the brain's hypothalamus -- the "headquarters" for maintaining energy balance -- can happen even in the absence of any weight gain, according to the new studies in mice.
- Too many calories send the brain off kilterThu, 2 Oct 2008, 13:07:26 EDT
- Einstein researchers find link between brain molecule and obesity and diabetesTue, 19 Apr 2011, 17:36:47 EDT
- Yale researchers tie genes, lower reward response to weight gainThu, 16 Oct 2008, 14:30:35 EDT
- Why underweight babies become obese: Study says disrupted hypothalamus is to blame Thu, 3 May 2012, 18:04:45 EDT
- Brain's response to seeing food may be linked to weight loss maintenanceTue, 15 Sep 2009, 11:16:27 EDT