It may take just one or two proteins to polish off a simple cellular task, but life-or-death matters, such as caring for the ends of chromosomes known as telomeres, require interacting crews of proteins, all with a common goal but each with a specialized task.
- Researchers reveal insights into hidden world of protein foldingWed, 11 Jun 2008, 17:09:23 EDT
- Sending out an SOS: How telomeres incriminate cells that can't divideTue, 13 Mar 2012, 4:32:48 EDT
- Protein clamps tight to telomeres to help prevent aging...and support cancerWed, 15 Sep 2010, 13:16:33 EDT
- It takes two to tangle: Wistar scientists further unravel telomere biologyWed, 21 Nov 2012, 16:35:05 EST
- Protein plays unexpected role protecting chromosome tipsThu, 13 Aug 2009, 12:39:46 EDT