Power-generating wind turbines have long been recognized as a potentially life-threatening hazard for birds. But at most wind facilities, bats actually die in much greater numbers. Now, researchers reporting in Current Biology, a Cell Press journal, on Aug. 26 think they know why.
- Why wind turbines can mean death for batsMon, 25 Aug 2008, 12:22:17 EDT
- Power generation is blowing in the windTue, 17 Jan 2012, 17:34:47 EST
- Proposed wind power grid to make wind power more reliableMon, 5 Apr 2010, 15:32:02 EDT
- University of Calgary scientists find successful way to reduce bat deaths at wind turbinesMon, 28 Sep 2009, 9:16:01 EDT
- Iowa State engineers study how hills, nearby turbines affect wind energy productionTue, 13 Dec 2011, 15:34:29 EST