While the CDC recently reported that more moms than ever give breastfeeding a try, a new national study shows most moms do not stick with it as long as they should. Although 77 percent of moms nationally start to breastfeed, the new study found that only 36 percent of babies are breastfed through 6 months, well short of the federal government's goal to hit 50 percent by 2010.
- New breastfeeding study shows most moms quit earlyMon, 11 Aug 2008, 10:07:40 EDT
- Warning to breastfeeding mothersFri, 15 Apr 2011, 11:06:16 EDT
- AIDS drugs given to pregnant women block 99 percent of HIV transmission to breastfed babiesWed, 16 Jun 2010, 17:33:58 EDT
- Moms who don't breastfeed more likely to develop type 2 diabetesFri, 27 Aug 2010, 0:23:03 EDT
- Prolonged breastfeeding does not protect against eczema, global study showsWed, 24 Aug 2011, 4:03:09 EDT