The combined average global land and ocean surface temperatures for June 2008 ranked eighth warmest for June since worldwide records began in 1880, according to an analysis by NOAA. Also, globally it was the ninth warmest January to June period on record.
- NASA finds 2011 ninth-warmest year on recordThu, 19 Jan 2012, 17:06:18 EST
- NASA research finds last decade was warmest on record, 2009 one of warmest yearsThu, 21 Jan 2010, 16:50:57 EST
- NASA research finds 2010 tied for warmest year on recordThu, 13 Jan 2011, 9:04:36 EST
- NASA finds 2012 sustained long-term climate warming trendTue, 15 Jan 2013, 19:21:51 EST
- 2008 was Earth's coolest year since 2000Mon, 23 Feb 2009, 14:21:49 EST