An expedition at Tell Edfu in southern Egypt has unearthed a large administration building and silos that provide fresh clues about the emergence of urban life. The discovery provides new information about a little understood aspect of ancient Egypt -- the development of cities in a culture that is largely famous for its monumental architecture.
- Archaeologists find silos and administration center from early Egyptian cityTue, 1 Jul 2008, 12:42:40 EDT
- First 3-D topographic map of early Maya city 'Head of Stone' delineates ancient buildingsThu, 14 Apr 2011, 9:04:26 EDT
- Constraining the reign of ancient EgyptThu, 17 Jun 2010, 14:43:22 EDT
- Designing a city for safe protestsWed, 23 Feb 2011, 10:32:54 EST
- Climate and drought lessons from ancient EgyptThu, 16 Aug 2012, 11:33:27 EDT